Strengthening the financial governance and management of pension schemes in Arab States
Efficient governance can make a lasting difference. No system of social protection can achieve its objectives without good governance – and a pivotal element of good governance is financial governance. Sound financial governance depends on the capacity of persons planning, managing and supervising pension schemes. Responding to this objective, the International Training Centre of the ILO (ITC-ILO) is offering a two-week training course on pension schemes from 6 to 17 April 2020.
This course provides advanced knowledge and management tools for the effective supervision and administration of publicly funded or partially funded pension plans. Public and private pension schemes in the region are analysed, with the emphasis on pension reform and good governance. Techniques for financing social security schemes are reviewed, with a view to identifying methods of sustainable financing.
The main aim of the course is to enhance the capacity of key actors involved in the pension sector to better advice, design, manage, administer and supervise national pension schemes in a changing global economic and financial context.
- To understand the global and regional demographic and economic trends impacting on the viability of pension schemes;
- To review different pension design options in line with the objectives of the system such as replacement rate, poverty alleviation and consumption smoothing;
- To advance knowledge on recent policy developments and reforms with the aim of enhancing governance of pension policy;
- To gather knowledge about good governance and its importance in the design and delivery of pension systems;
- To identify guiding principles, practical guidelines, and governance structures and mechanisms that would help engender and support good governance;
- To analyse best practices in the field of pension management;
- To enhance knowledge of the techniques and methods used for establishing financially sustainable pension systems;
- To develop an international perspective on pension issues through comparative analysis and sharing experiences of other schemes.
This event will be offered in Arabic.
Find the application form at https://oarf2.itcilo.org/STF/A5012766/en and apply before 26 June 2020
** Please note that the event described in this page is not free. **