Disability and Non-Discrimination in the European Union
This training will discuss how to tackle discrimination of persons with disabilities from different perspectives. Participants will learn about the EU action and legal framework adopted with a view to improving equal participation of persons with disabilities in society.
- Key features of the UNCRPD
- Discrimination based on disability
- Disability statistics
- Personal mobility
- Women and children with disabilities
- Right to political participation
- Accessible public procurement
- EU financial instruments
Who should attend?
National civil servants and staff of NGOs, DPOs and equality bodies working on policy issues related to disability. Only participants from EU Member States, plus Iceland and Liechtenstein.