The Department for International Development (DFID) leads the UK’s work to end extreme poverty. We are tackling the global challenges of our time including poverty and disease, mass migration, insecurity and conflict. Our work is building a safer, healthier, more prosperous world for people in developing countries and in the UK too.
The UK's Department for International Development has been an important sponsor of many activities carried out in the socialprotection.org platform through the "Brazil & Africa: fighting poverty and empowering women via South-South Cooperation" project. Please check the project page for more information.
- Social Cash Transfer Programme
- Direct Income Support under the Expanding Social Protection Programme (ESP)
- Community-Based Conditional Cash Transfer
- Second Northern Uganda Social Action Fund Project (NUSAF 2) —Livelihood Investment Support Component
- Hunger Safety Net Programme (HSNP)
- Livelihood Empowerment Against Poverty (LEAP)
- Productive Safety Net Programme (PSNP)
- Cash Transfers for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (CT–OVC)
- Tanzania Social Action Fund (TASAF) III / Productive Social Safety Net (PSSN) Programme
- Programa Subsídio Social Básico—Basic Social Subsidy Programme