The African Child Policy Forum (ACPF) is an independent, not-for-profit, pan-African institution of policy research and dialogue on the African child. ACPF aims to:
- Contribute to improved knowledge on children in Africa
- Monitor and report progress
- Identify policy options
- Provide a platform for dialogue
- Collaborate with governments, intergovernmental organisations and civil society in the development and implementation of effective pro-child policies and programmes
- Promote a common voice for children in and out of Africa.
Guided by ACPF's Programmes of Work document, Towards an Era of Accountability for children in Africa 2010-15, ACPF pursues its work in three strategic areas:
- Monitoring government performance and child wellbieng
- Promoting legal justice and access to children
- Strengthening the family and social protection mechanisms.