57th Session of the Commission for Social Development
The fifty-seventh session of the Commission for Social Development (CSocD57) will take place from 11 to 21 February 2019, at the United Nations Headquarters in New York. The Commission is the advisory body responsible for the social development pillar of global development. The priority theme this year is “Addressing inequalities and challenges to social inclusion through fiscal, wage and social protection policies”.
The Commission will review relevant United Nations plans and programmes of action pertaining to the situation of social groups:
- Standard Rules on the Equalization of Opportunities for Persons with Disabilities
- World Programme of Action for Youth
- Madrid International Plan of Action on Ageing, 2002
- Family issues, policies, and programmes
- UNDESA DISD facilitates the participation of NGOs in the sessions of the CSocD. NGOs that are accredited to the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) may designate representatives to attend the annual sessions of the CSocD. Learn more about the UN ECOSOC accreditation.
- Modalities of NGO Participation and Registration: Deadline is 28 January 2019.
- Written and Oral Statements
- Online Application for Side Events: Deadline is 11 January 2019.
Spread the Word!